Official No-Talk Zone

Local Toyota dealerI was driving to pick up my son from school yesterday and I noticed a car was pulled over and she was holding her cell phone.  It was apparent that she was receiving a citation for talking on her cell phone while driving in a school zone.  This gave me a sigh of relief…not that she was on her phone…but that my local law enforcement was actually doing something about it.  Every day I see children walking in and out of school and I see careless drivers who are too busy chatting, and yes…even texting on their phones when they should be watching for pedestrians.  I appreciate this state law and I think I’m not alone.

What can you do to be safe in your child’s school zone?  First of all…you should wait to take a call until you have exited the school zone.  No conversation is worth the life of an innocent child walking to school.  You should also look at the current technology that is offered to new or used cars that will keep you safe while driving and still allow hands-free options for your cell phone.  Toyota cars St. Louis offer state-of-the-art options for your car to be the safest on the road.  You can stay connected to those you need to be in contact with but most importantly you can concentrate on driving first.  These are options that can be included in your new car purchase and your local Toyota dealer can also help get you to the right place to have them added to your existing car, truck or SUV.  Of course, in a school zone cell phones are prohibited…hands free or not, and that is always the safest options while on the road.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toyota’s Stance On E15 Fuel

Social Media Strategy with Toyota Cars

Presidents Day at Weiss Toyota!